It’s been a long couple of weeks! Work has been crazy for me, we had more out-of-town visitors, I was out of town for work, and Dr. J has been tiling like crazy, including a pretty impressive feat of drilling his thumb to the wall with an impact driver. That was a fun afternoon trip to the Urgent Care – yeehaw! He got a shot in the keister, a Snoopy band-aid and a quick drive home on a Saturday afternoon to finish up the rest of the wall tile…No rest for the weary! We are OVER this bathroom like a bad rash! So without giving away the farm, check out some pics to see where we are and where we’ve been:
Here’s where we are as of today, Wednesday, May 11th!
- The shower is almost completely tiled! We still have a LOT of work to do….but the hardest part is done.
- Countertops were installed, which meant we could FINALLY install the last piece of cabinetry. And we were so excited that we skipped ahead a bit before we finished electrical and installed our faucets, tiled half of the backsplash and moved all of our toiletries back into the bathroom so our vanity is completely functional! SCORE
- Mirrors are installed….sconces and door hardware are being shipped…
We are definitely over the hump now. Everything is downhill from here. And most of the big changes from here on out aren’t particularly glamorous, but get us multiple steps closer to a fully functional bath. Here’s a little TO DO:
- Need to tile the backsplash around the tub and install the moulding on the tub front. This might be one of the very last things that we do since our tub is currently a remodeling tool war zone.
- In the shower we have to finish up the bullnoses (which will take like…maybe 25 minutes…we’re tiling machines nowadays), tile the shower floor (which shouldn’t be too bad…famous last words, right?), grout, seal, and then plumbing, door and BAM! Completed shower….it seems so EASY when you type it…but that’s really several weeks worth of work! Hah!
- Baseboards need to be painted, cut, installed, etc, etc.
- Paint the ceiling
- Install the light fixtures (it’s all wired, but we need to make some holes in the ceiling for all of those)
- A buttload of caulking, sealing, touch up painting, texturing, etc, etc, etc.
- Need to build a soffit (sp?) over the top cabinetry, install finish and trimwork.
- Install door hardware/knobs
- Accessories/artwork/storage, etc.
We’re hoping to get things wrapped up by Memorial Day weekend, but we’ll likely be drafting visiting family members with wrap up work. Sorry! That’s the price for a free bed! But it’s just crazy to think that two months ago this is what we looked at every single morning….Oh, yawn!
We’re remodeling our master bathroom and it’s a doozy! You can click on the following links below to see what it’s all about: The Bathroom begins…, Demolition Day 1 and Day 2 and how we got rid of all that trash! Our budget and a tile previewand a little look-see into what MY view is when my hubby is installing electrical and avideo view of what all of the demolition looked like before we started installing things. Check out our desperate attempt to keep the house clean while we renovate and another video update with a sneak peek at our gorgeous marble floors! Then you can also see moments of despair as we struggle to maintain sanity after over a month of bathroom renovating! And then there was paint… And then the cabinets and toilet were installed… And then we began tiling…Stay tuned for more updates!